We’ve had another wonderful season for the Saturday Breakfast Club! Saturday Breakfast Club is a fantastic program held at Munchkinland Parksville on select Saturdays that brings together the opportunity to share food literacy with families. This free program brings together the joy of food, play, stories, and song while exploring food literacy as well as helping to provide food security. Our families are able to enjoy breakfast and then take home a food package with ingredients and recipes that families are able to create at home.
We couldn’t have provided such an amazing program without our outstanding staff, volunteers and sponsors!
We would like to thank:
- Odette for her tireless efforts planning, shopping and preparing the wonderful meals
- our volunteers (Linda and Katherine)
- volunteers from our community partners (ACRA and SOS)
- volunteers from our OBLT Board of Directors (Heather, Laurie, and Deb)
We are always looking for volunteers so if you are interested, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We were able to bring back Saturday Breakfast Club this Spring with funding from the BC Gaming Grant!
We would also like to thank:
- Save on Foods for providing gift cards to pay for the nutritious food that was provided each Saturday.
- Parksville Rotary for giving our Manager, Scott Beam, a cheque to help support this program.
If you are interested in helping you can donate at https://oblt.ca/how-to-help/#donate. (Be sure to select Saturday Breakfast Club when processing your payment.)
Thanks again for all your help in creating such an amazing program! Make sure you check out our calendar in September to book your spot when the Saturday Breakfast Club returns!
Learn more about volunteering for Saturday Breakfast Club at: Saturday Breakfast Club – Volunteer Opportunity