Are you starting Kindergarten this year? Then have we got a COOL event for you: Pete the Cat’s “First Steps to School” Fair!
Community organizations focused on early learning, as well as kindergarten teachers, have collaborated to provide this event for preschool aged children and their adults. They can enjoy a fun experience that helps familiarize and introduce them to those first steps to school. Pete the Cat will help pave the way as he often tells stories of self-confidence and overcoming obstacles which are well known to children and adults alike.
This event is free. There will be an opportunity for children to climb aboard a real school bus, take part in art and craft activities, music, shop for soup ingredients, and more!
Date: Thursday, April 21, 2022
Session 1, 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Session 2, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Location: “The Pond” at Oceanside Place Arena
830 Island Highway W., Parksville, BC (by Wembley Mall)
Who can attend:
- Children entering Kindergarten in 2022 and their grown-up
- Space for up to 100 children per session
- Must pre-book your spot; no drop-ins or waitlists
Book or Cancel your spot:
Starting April 4, visit our website calendar: https://oblt.ca/calendar/ go to Thursday, April 21 and select your preferred session.
Need to cancel? No problem! Visit our website calendar, choose the session you booked and click “Cancel”.
Please cancel with as much notice as possible so that other families have an opportunity to join in the fun!
Things to note:
- Maximum of two adults per registered child can attend.
- We will be following Public Health Orders in effect at time of event.
- It can be loud at the pond. If you are sensitive to noise feel free to bring ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones.
- No food or refreshments are provided for during the event. Please bring your own water and/or snack if required.
There will be representatives from many important community resources present to answer your questions. Some of those community partners are:
- Arrowsmith Community Recreation Association
- SOURCES Community Resource Centre
- Island Health
- Vancouver Island Regional Library
- SD69 Kindergarten teachers and school bus
- Society of Organized Services (SOS)
- Metis Nation British Columbia
- Parent Support Services of BC
- Regional District of Nanaimo
- Oceanside Building Learning Together
- Mulberry Bush Bookstore
Pete the Cat “First Steps to School” Fair is brought to you by Oceanside Building Learning Together, School District 69 Qualicum, and Ready, Set, Learn!